Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Drawing Lab


etsy.com


I got this book (Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists by Carla Sonheim) as an early Christmas present and I just have to say that it is the best art book I have ever used. In the workbook you can find "52 creative exercises to make drawing fun." Even if you don't usually enjoy art, I'd recommend picking up a copy of this book for some rainy day fun. I've been doing several activities a day (such as "100 Faces" and "Your Inner Dr. Seuss") . You'll only need a couple supplies (Sharpies, markers, pencils, or anything else you have on hand), and if you don't have the supplies, I'm guessing the author would encourage you to improvise. I, being a perfectionist, have found the book useful in helping me to relax while I draw. Discover the creativity you never thought you possessed and have fun in the process!

I'll be posting more about a cool challenge that the author is participating in starting in January, plus a "silly art" class that is available online!




No comments: