Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why Create?


Something happened this summer that has caused me to rethink my love to create. It happened when I flew halfway across the world...when I stepped out of a bus onto Peruvian soil...when I had to say goodbye to the children who blessed my life more than I could ever bless theirs.
I was reminded of how richly God has blessed me...and what a luxury it is to have hobbies. I've realized that whatever I'm doing, whether designing a piece of artwork or loving on orphans far away from home, I want it to all be for God's glory.
That is why I create- so that, like missionary and runner Eric Liddel, who said "God made me fast, and when I run I feel His pleasure," I can do what I do because it is a gift God has given me, and I can use that gift to serve Him. Join me on this journey as I explore how to glorify God with the gifts He has given me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A "perfectly" lovely not-so-perfect space, Madeline! I love the glimpse into your heart and look forward to taking a peek at your creative endeavors. :)

~Elizabeth Barber